Subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast player:
Breaking Barriers with Music
Get ready for an uplifting episode of “Pushing Forward with Alycia” as host Alycia Anderson welcomes the extraordinary Amy Wang-Hiller, a violin virtuoso who has transcended the boundaries of music and disability.
Champion of Resilience
Dive into Amy’s advocacy journey, where she fearlessly battles her genetic disorder, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Amy’s resilience shines through as she navigates the challenges of spinal cord complications, maintaining her musical prowess and inspiring others along the way.
Amy Wang-Hiller’s Exceptional Journey
- Amy’s exceptional musical journey, from her first notes at age three to her extensive repertoire encompassing baroque to contemporary music.
- Amy’s role as a passionate violin educator and her pursuit of a doctoral degree at the University of Texas.
- Explore her groundbreaking podcast, “Thrive X Strive Musician,” where she amplifies the voices of musicians with disabilities.
- Amy’s dedication to raising awareness about rare diseases and spinal cord injuries on social media and podcasts.
- Discover how she empowers and inspires individuals to embrace their unique challenges as opportunities for growth.
The Power of Music and Adaptability
Explore Amy’s fascinating adaptive approach to music performance, using mobility aids while continuing to excel in orchestral and chamber settings.
Alycia and Amy close the episode with a mesmerizing performance of Bach’s 2nd violin sonata 3rd movement, Andante, showcasing Amy’s exceptional talent.