Subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast player:
Welcome to this inspiring episode
Of “Pushing Forward with Alycia.” Our guest today is the dynamic Christina Rodriguez, founder of Latinas with Masters, an empowering network advancing the conversation on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Christina talks about intersectionality, women empowerment, race, gender, sexual orientation, and disability. As a woman of color and a staunch DEI advocate, she shares her journey and how she’s using her platform to shape a new narrative.
Throughout our podcast
Christina talks about the importance of showing up as our authentic selves in the spaces where we live, work, and learn, emphasizing the importance of preserving our identity and language while advancing in higher education. Christina believes that each individual’s path to higher education is unique and emphasizes that difficulty faced by one person doesn’t have to be the same for future generations. In the spirit of ‘paying it forward,’ she leverages her expertise to educate college students about their housing rights, making higher education more accessible to all.
Learn about intersectionality with Christina!
- Latinas with Masters: She elaborates on her platform, its mission, and how it encourages Latinas to embrace and preserve their identity while advancing in higher education.
- Diversity in Higher Education: Christina shares her belief that the pathway to higher education will differ for each individual, reflecting on her own unique journey.
- Empowering Future Generations: She emphasizes the importance of learning from difficulties and making the path to higher education easier for future generations.
- Housing Rights Education: Christina talks about her initiative to educate college students on their housing rights, emphasizing the need for such knowledge in higher education.
- Intersectionality and Empowerment: Christina discusses how different elements of identity, such as race, gender, sexual orientation, and disability, intersect and transcend together.
- Motivational Insight: Christina shares her motivational insights, highlighting that it doesn’t matter how you start, it’s how you end, and that everyone has the power to create their own destiny.
- Facing Failure: She candidly speaks about her experiences with failure and how it has led her to become more courageous and open to trying new things.