In my latest episode, I’m keeping true to my mission of empowering change and disabling ableism by celebrating disability pride, and to kick off Disability Pride Month I’ll be discussing the significance of celebrating the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I will be joined once again by my special guest, business partner and husband, Marty.
Together we will explore some of the empowering aspects of disability, some of the challenges faced by the disabled community, and dive a little deeper into the importance of embracing our identities.
Through our personal stories and experiences, we challenge the notion that disability should be seen as a limitation and instead embrace it as an integral part of one’s identity and how we should be using it to pave a way for a more accepting world that creates inclusive spaces for everyone.
We’ll talk about dismantling ableism, like always, and also share about how disability pride can empower individuals to discover the true power and potential in ourselves as disabled individuals.
Come join us and listen in as we:
- Explore the origins of Disability Pride Month and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Uncover the misconceptions of ableism surrounding disability.
- Embrace our own identities and find pride in our uniqueness.
- Share our understanding of the importance of accessibility.
- Promote inclusivity and teach how to encourage belonging and acceptance in society.